Stable growth continued
- In the Wealth Management and Investor Clients segment operating profit grew considerably and was EUR 4.3 million (1-3/2017 EUR 2.9 million)
- Operating profit in the Advisory and Corporate Clients segment improved slightly and was EUR 0.5 million (EUR 0.2 million)
- The trading activities through the own balance sheet were less successful during the review period, resulting in a decline in returns from investment activities in the Group Operations segment.
- The Group’s net revenue increased five percent to EUR 17.0 million (EUR 16.1 million)
- The Group’s operating profit was EUR 5.2 million (EUR 4.6 million)
- Evli’s diluted earnings per share were EUR 0.24 (EUR 0.15) and return on equity was 34.1 percent (21.4%)
- Net assets under management increased slightly year on year and totaled a record EUR 11.4 billion (EUR 11.3 billion) at the end of March
- The proportion of recurring revenue to operating costs improved to 120 percent (112%).
Outlook for 2018
The risks associated with the general trend in the equity and fixed income markets are high due to the prevailing uncertainty on the markets. A continued decline in equity prices or a reduction in investors’ risk appetite would have a negative impact on the company’s profit performance. Demand for Evli’s products has remained stable and assets under the Group’s management have grown substantially in recent years, which would soften the result-impact of any reversal of the market.
There has been positive development in the demand for advisory services, and its outlook for 2018 is stable. Customer's demand for Evli's products and services has developed positively, which has also led to a systematic increase in lending. In the advisory business and in own investment activities, substantial fluctuations in annual returns are possible.
Thanks to successful and stable development at the beginning of the year, we estimate that the result for the 2018 financial year will be clearly positive.