Finnish growth capital fund investing in the most promising companies in Northern Europe
Evli Growth Partners (EGP) is building a funding program of 200 million euros, consisting of multiple growth capital funds. The target size of the first fund is 50-70 million euros, and by its first close (14.12.2018), we already raised 40 million euros. Currently, we are looking for the final investors of the first fund to join us.
EGP invests in the most promising growth companies from the Northern Europe. We are interested in companies that:
- Are led by exceptionally talented founders
- Have grown +100% p.a. for multiple years and targets to continue fast-pace growth
- Have +5 million € in revenue
- Operates in a large and fast-growing market
Hands-on support to founders
We have gathered together the leading entrepreneurs of Finland to help the best growth companies of our region. Our Growth Partners offer founders their expertise, experience and networks to accelerate their companies' growth. They can also take board seats to offer the best possible hands-on help and advise. All Growth Partners are involved in EGP both as advisors and investors of the fund.
Fast scaling growth companies require unique technology, exceptionally talented team and lucrative market, but also well-organized management and operations. We can help to bring the best administration and management practices to our portfolio companies' everyday lives and make sure the founders can focus on growing their businesses.
Riku Asikainen, Founding Partner
- Experienced serial entrepreneur and angel investor.
- Founder, director and investor in almost 50 companies, more than 10 of which have been successfully exited.
- EBAN, European Business Angel of the Year 2012, Silver price.
- EBAN Vice President of the Board; FiBAN Co-Founder; Startup Sauna Accelerator Head Coach; Slush Co-Founder.
- One of the most succesful entrepreneurs of Finland.
- As CEO, he was growing Rovio Ltd with its Angry Birds brand to one of the leading game and entertainment companies in the world.
- Since Rovio’s IPO, Mikael has been an international growth company investor.
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2011.
- Mikko is a founder and CEO of Vincit, a listed software company, as well as a serial entrepreneur and a true future leader.
- He has led Vincit to IPO, as well as to become the Company of the Year and Europe’s Greatest Place to Work.
- In addition to Vincit, Mikko has been part of several startup success stories as an investor or a member of the board, such as Framery, Yepson, GreenGrass and Offistore.
- CEO and Co-Founder of Blancco Ltd; made the company the market leader of data erasure products and led it for 15 years before a successful exit.
- Today, Kim is an active angel investor.
- He has received many awards as an entrepreneur and investor, such as EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2012.
- Experienced angel investor and entrepreneur.
- Led his company Komartek into international success and succesful exit to WM-Data (currently CGI) in 2004.
- Full-time angel investor for the last 11 years. Has invested in companies such as Small Giant Games, MariaDB and DealDash.
- Several awards from his investor career.
Some of our teams' exits
IPO to Nasdaq Helsinki Stock Exchange on 2017. Mikael Hed as CEO of Rovio Entertainment on 2009-2014 and as Executive Chairman of Rovio Animation Company on 2015-2017.
Acquired by a large company from the same industry, Zynga Inc, on 2018. Ari Korhonen as an investor from 2014 until the acquisition.
Majority share sold to private equity company Vaaka Partners on 2018. Mikko Kuitunen as a member of the board and investor on 2011-2015. Kim Väisänen as the chairman of the board and investor on 2014-2018.
Acquired by a large company from the same industry, Regenersis PLC, on 2014. Kim Väisänen as a founder and CEO from 1997 until the acquisition.
IPO to Helsinki Stock Exchange (First North list) on 2016. Mikko Kuitunen as a founder and CEO from 2007.
IPO to Helsinki Stock Exchange (First North list) on 2014. Riku Asikainen as an investor from 2010.
Majority share sold to private equity company Vaaka Partners on 2017. Riku Asikainen as a member of the board and investor on 2014-2017.
Acquired by a large corporation from the same industry, Yaskawa Electric, on 2014. Ari Korhonen as an investor from 2005 until the acquisition.
Would you like join us to become one of the final investors of our first fund? Or do you have an interesting company that we could help? Send us an email and let's discuss more!