Efficient diversity management and promotion of equality help improve work well-being, increase employee commitment and fulfil the employees’ competence potential. In addition, diversity increases innovation, productivity and the company’s competitiveness.
Evli Group’s diversity is based on its values, ethical principles and Human Resources Policy. The diversity goals provide guidelines for Evli’s diversity and equality efforts and sets a target level for the promotion of diversity throughout the organization.
The diversity goals applie to all of Evli’s business areas. The everyday goal of the workplace is to support cultural diversity. Diversity is also taken into account in all personnel management from hiring to career advancement and development. All employees have equal opportunities to advance in their career.
Promotion of diversity
The diversity goals define the guidelines by which gender equality can be increased and the way in which employment among people representing different language and ethnic groups can be promoted as far as possible.
One of the key elements of attaining the goals is the recruitment process in which the aim is to ensure on the basis of fairness that all qualified applicants have an equal chance of being selected. All recruitment is based on fairness, transparency and equity. In addition to recruitment, equal treatment is ensured to all in the division of work tasks and career advancement.
Progress in the attainment of the diversity goals is monitored every five years. The current goals are set for the year 2022. A key aspect of these goals is to achieve a more equal representation of genders.
Goals for 2022
- There are at least 40 percent of each gender represented in expert positions in all business areas
- There are at least 30 percent of each gender represented in team leader positions in business areas and administration
- Both genders are sufficiently represented on the Board of Directors and in the Executive Group. In planning the composition of the Board, important factors include members’ skills, experience and expertise to ensure effective performance. Read more about the Board of Director’s diversity policy
- In recruitment, the most suitable person for the position is always selected
- Both genders must be represented in the group of people selected for the trainee program.
Updated: March 7, 2019